As many time I was asked to make this salad to my friends in Australia. I decide to write down this recipe. This dish is made based on the traditional vietnamese chicken salad (gỏi gà) and I just mix and match some ingredients to meet Australian taste.Here is the detail recipe.
– 2 chicken fillets skinless
– 1 quarter of green cabbage
– 1 and a half carrot
– 1 red onion
– 1 cup of fresh coriander (or basil leave or mint or vietnamese mint)
– 1 lime
– 4 teaspoon of sugar
– 2 tablespoon of fish sauce
– 1 bird eye chilli
– salt and peper
– Pour water into a large saucepan over high heat, once it boiling put the chicken in and cook through until the chicken is cooked and tender. Set a side for cool down, then shred the chicken into 3 inch piece. Seasoning with salt and pepper.
– While boiling the chicken, thinly slice the green cabbage, carrot and red onion. Mix all the veggies into a big bowl. Set a side.
Squeeze the lime into a small bowl, then put sugar in and stir around until the sugar is dissolved. Add fish sauce and chilli. The taste of dressing will be a bit sour and sweet mix with spicy chilli. You can adjust the dressing to meet your taste by adding more sugar or fish sauce or lime juice.
– Pouring the dressing into the veggies bowl and toss around until you see the veggies is a bit soft, then add the chicken and toss well. Sprinkle fresh coriander on top. Now you have a yummy salad for any occasion. Enjoy.
* Thoa Read *