Curry is always my favourite food. I like the taste of hot spicy, sweet from coconut milk mixed with curry paste and powder. This recipe comes up one day when I don’t know what to do with the last portion of minced beef in freezer and some vegies left in fridge. I want to clean up all the food before we go shopping for new week. And I decide to do some curry with these stuffs. Here is my recipe for this easy yummy meal. Serve 2.
– 1 big potato, cut into ¼ cube
– 1 big carrot, cut into ¼ cube
– 1 cup of chopped green beans (can use frozen peas)
– 1 medium brown onion, halved, finely chopped
– 1 can of Cannellini beans (420g), drained
– ½ kg premium minced beef
– 2 table spoon of peanut oil
– 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
– 2 table spoon of Red curry paste (optional)
– 2 tea spoon of curry powder
– 1 can of coconut milk (400ml)
– 2 table spoon of soy sauce
– salt, sugar, pepper for seasoning
– Steamed Jasmine rice
– Heat the fry pan on high. Once it is hot, add oil and swirl around to coat the pan. When the oil is hot, add garlic, brown onion and curry powder, stir around in 2 minutes or until fragrant.
– Add beef and continue stir around until the meat is broken up totally and browned, then add red curry paste, keep stirring around.
– Add the veggies and stir around. Transfer this combination to a medium saucepan, then add coconut milk and cook through until the vegies and beef is cooked. I normally add a little bit water or cow milk later to make a bit liquid. Seasoning with soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper.
– When everything is cooked, just add Cannellini beans and toss around to heat through. Serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
* Thoa Read *