Easy, quick and yummy is always my priority for dinner idea. And classic beef stir-fry is one of the meals I love to make for an easy dinner. This meal provides a balance of nutrition between protein and fibre. I would recommend having this once a week for a healthy diet for family.
There are different styles of beef stir-fry and everybody has their own recipe but the common thing is we use beef and veggies to create this fabulous meal.
Here is my detail recipe. Serve 2.
– 500gr of fillet steak, cut into thin strips
– 1 medium brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
– 1 medium red capsicum, cut into short thin strips
– 1 big carrot, cut into short thin strips
– 1 small bunch of broccoli, cut into small piece
– 1 hand full of snow peas, cut off two ending
– 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
– 2 table spoon peanut oil
– 4 table spoon oyster sauce
– 1 piece of lemongrass, finely chopped
– 3 inch piece of ginger, thinly sliced
– 1 cup of fresh coriander
– 2 table spoon soy sauce
– ½ cup of water
– Steamed Jasmine rice.
Marinated the meat: (optional, if you don’t have time you can skip this step)
Place the meat in a container, and then add half of oyster sauce, a hard squirt of honey, half of garlic, lemongrass, ginger and pepper. Mixed well until the meat is totally covered with the marinated sauce. Keep in the fridge for at least 2 hours before cooking.
– Heat the wok on high heat, add the peanut oil and carefully swirl around to coat all the wok. Since the oil is hot, add garlic and brown onion.
– When the garlic and brown onion is fragrant, add the meat and stir around in 2 minutes or until the beef is just cooked. Transfer to a plate, set aside.
– In the same wok, add the veggies in and stir around in 30 seconds. Then add water, soy sauce, the remaining oyster sauce and a squirt of honey. Toss well and cook for 10 mins or until the veggies is tender.
– Add the beef into the wok and toss around to heat through. Keep cooking for another minute, then sprinkle pepper on top and add fresh coriander.
– Serve hot with steamed rice.
The taste of ginger, lemongrass, garlic combine together with oyster sauce, honey and soy sauce making this meal fabulous.
* Thoa Read *