If you want to make something different from rice, just try this pineapple fried rice. Everybody will be impressed by delish taste and eye-catching dish.
Actually it’s not really fried rice because you don’t need to fry the rice. You just mix the rice with the veggies combination and add some sauce with that. The beauty of this dish is eating in the “pineapple bowl”. The remaining juice in the bowl will make the dish more delicious.
The recipe for this dish is very simple and easy to make. It takes about 10 mins to cook if you already have all the ingredients assembly. I think the most difficult step is how to get the pineapple inside out to form the bowl. It requires a bit of care and time to do it. After cutting the whole fresh pineapple into half lengthways, I use a sharp thin knife to cut around the edge into rectangles. Then inside the rectangles I cut the pineapple into small cubes and start taking it out slowly.
Here is the detailed recipe: Serve 2
– 1 fresh pineapple, cut the pineapple inside into small cube
– 1 small brown onion, cut into small cube
– ½ cup of frozen corn
– ½ cup of carrot, cut into small cube (or red capsicum)
– ½ cup of green beans, cut into small cube (or green capsicum)
– 1 big smoked pork sausage, cut into small cube
– 1 big bowl of steamed jasmine rice
– 2 table spoon of peanut oil
– Tomatoes sauce
– Chilli sauce (optional)
– Salt and pepper to seasoning.
– Cut the pineapple into half lengthways and take the inside out to make a bowl. You will have 2 bowls after finishing it. I will choose the pineapple with the top on so it looks nicer. Mine is bought at Woolworth and they already cut the top off.
– Heat the wok on high heat, add the peanut oil and carefully swirl around to coat all the wok. Since the oil is hot, add brown onion, carrot, green beans, corn, pineapple, and sausage. Stir well in 3 mins.
– Add salt, pepper, tomato sauce and chilli sauce. Toss well and quick. Stir frequently in 2 mins then add jasmine rice.
– Toss well in 5 mins then turn the heat off. The rice is ready now.
– Put the rice into the pineapple bowl and it is ready to serve.
* Thoa Read*