It’s easy and simple like other stir-fry dishes. If you are used to cook stir-fry food, you will see the recipe is almost the same, only need to change the main ingredient (meat) and the sauce. The most important thing when you cook this dish is the balance between sweet and sour. I always add honey, fresh pineapple and pineapple juice to make the taste more delicious.
Here is my detail recipe. Serve 2.
– 500gr of pork fillet cut into thin strips
– 1 medium brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
– 1 medium red capsicum, cut into short thin strips
– 1 small bunch of broccoli, cut into small piece
– 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
– 2 table spoon peanut oil
– 1 cup of fresh coriander
– 2 table spoon soy sauce
– Salt & Pepper
– ½ cup of pineapple juice
– Steamed Jasmine rice.
– 1 can of sweet and sour sauce 575g ( I use brand Kantong)
– ½ fresh pineapple, cut into cube
– 1 cup of green beans
Seasoning the meat: Place the meat in a big bowl, then sprinkle salt and pepper over the meat and mix well. Then cover the meat with light plain powder. I use freezer bag to do it in batch. The purpose is to make the meat has a crispy golden brown when you fry it later.
– Heat the wok on high heat, add the peanut oil and carefully swirl around to coat all the wok. Since the oil is hot, fry the meat in batch until they are crispy golden brown. Set aside.
– In the same wok, add garlic and brown onion and tir around until they are fragrant, add the meat and the veggies, stir around in 2 minutes.
– Add Kantong Sweet and Sour sauce, soy sauce, pineapple juice and a squirt of honey. Toss well and cook for 20 mins on low.
– When the meat is tender and the veggies is cooked, sprinkle pepper on top and add fresh coriander.
– Serve hot with steamed rice.
* Thoa Read *