I totally forget about Meatballs in my list of meal for dinner until I read an article about Bánh Mì (Vietnamese bread) and how delicious meatballs is. And I decide to recall my memory about childhood by making this recipe. It’s easy to eat with steamed rice or bread or pasta and still keep the taste.
– 500gr minced pork
– 1 small brown onion, peeled, finely chopped
– 1 small carrot, finely chopped
– 1 cup of fresh coriander, finely chopped
– 2 table spoons of bread crumb
– Salt and pepper to seasoning
– 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
– 1 table spoon brown sugar
– 1 can of crushed tomatoes 425gr
– 1 egg, slightly beaten
– 1 table spoon tomato sauce
– 1 table spoon soy sauce
– In a large bowl, add the pork, onion, carrot, coriander, breadcrumb, egg, salt and pepper and soy sauce. Mix well all together and shape the meat mixture into small golf ball sized meatballs.
– Put the meatballs into the steamer and steam them for 10 mins to set the shape.
– While the meatball is steaming away, put the medium saucepan over high heat. Add the peanut oil to it and when it is hot, add garlic and stir around until garlic is fragrant. Then put crushed tomatoes, brown sugar and soy sauce, a little bit of water. Cook for 5 mins then add the meatballs. The liquid has to cover all the meatballs. Stir around gentle and put the lid on the saucepan and cook for 15 minutes. You can mix some corn flour to the liquid to make the desired thickness.
– When it is cooked, serve hot with steam rice or pasta or bread. Enjoy!
* Thoa Read *