Just another fried rice recipe. I am fried rice lover so I love to make different types of this dish. Not so long before I made Pineapple Fried Rice to challenge the classic one and it turned out really good. Today I make Nasi Goreng for dinner but it doesn’t follow any traditional recipe due to my creative. (Smile).
Nasi Goreng (means fried rice in Indonesian language) is a popular dish among Malaysian, Indonesian and Singaporean community. That’s why there are a lot of different versions of this dish. And my recipe today is just a combination among all of the versions (of Nasi Goreng) I have eaten and add some of my favourite ingredients or sauce.
Here is my recipe. Serve 2.
– 300gr green prawn (fresh or frozen) peeled and cut tail or tail on if you like.
– 1 fillet chicken breast skinless, diced
– 3 eggs, slightly beaten
– 1 clove garlic
– 1 small brown onion
– 1 bowl of cooked rice (you can use the leftover rice)
– 4 tablespoons of hoisin sauce (Fountain brand – the only brand I recommended to get the best taste)
– 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
– ½ cup of fresh coriander, chopped
– 2 table spoons peanut oil
– 1 bird eye chilli (optional), chopped
– 1 carrot, finely chopped
– Heat the wok on high heat with 1 tablespoon of oil. When the oil is hot, pour the beaten eggs in and spread around the wok to make a thin omelette. Cook the eggs until it is set then roll up together, set aside and cut in thin strips.
– In the same wok, heat the remaining oil on high then add garlic, onion, chilli. Stir around until the garlic is golden.
– Add chicken and prawns and cook for further 3 mins or until it is cooked.
– Add rice and carrots into the wok and continue stirring around to get heat through. Add hoisin sauce and soy sauce then toss to combine. When everything is cooked, just add coriander and the omelette strips on top.
– Serve hot immediately. Enjoy
* Thoa Read *